We are looking for a Web Application Developer with experience developing business intelligence applications who would like to join a challenging and exciting development project with the United States Postal Service. As part of the Corporate Reporting team, this position will involve mostly new application development but also production application support duties as well.
This exciting employment opportunity in the Washington, DC area! Enjoy the adventures that the nation’s capital has to offer and beauty of Merrifield VA. It’s a beautiful city filled with history, tradition, and art. Here you will be near historic landmarks, treasured monuments, world-class shopping, iconic museums and the performing arts. The perfect work-life balance awaits you.
GloNet, Inc. is a HealthCare IT Solutions Company delivering quantifiable solutions to our clients to improve clinical and quality outcomes, increase efficiencies, and advance financial stability and growth.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and maintain web applications in both ColdFusion and Java
- Implement software enhancements and add new functionality from an active product backlog of requirements.
- Provides highly technical expertise and guidance on the evaluation, implementation, tuning, optimization, operation and maintenance of web-based reporting and business intelligence systems.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience (focus in technical field a plus, for example; engineering, mathematics, statistics, computer science or related field) plus at least 5-7 years of professional experience
- 5+ years of experience developing web-based applications in Cold Fusion and/or Java
- Proficiency with SQL (preferably Oracle) and performance tuning of SQL queries
- Experience with systems analysis, data analysis, and analytical reporting
- Experience with data systems with high transaction volume and large data structures.
- Experience with Agile systems development, and common SDLC methods, design, and management tools
- Experience with US Postal Service operations, systems and/or applications
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Must be able to obtain and keep a USPS Sensitive Clearance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or have a Green Card and have been living in the U.S. for at least the last five years
- Must not have traveled outside of the United States for more than 180 days in the last 6 months