GloNet, Inc. has an exciting employment opportunity in Washington, DC area! We are seeking a seasoned Mobile Application Developer to join our team in Merrifield VA., a suburb of Washington, DC. Enjoy the adventures that the nation’s capital has to offer and beauty of Merrifield VA. It’s a beautiful city filled with history, tradition, and art. Here you will be near historic landmarks, treasured monuments, world-class shopping, iconic museums and the performing arts. The perfect work-life balance awaits you.
GloNet, Inc. is a HealthCare IT Solutions Company delivering quantifiable solutions to our clients to improve clinical and quality outcomes, increase efficiencies, and advance financial stability and growth.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the complete systems development life cycle (SDLC) process of enterprise-wide large scale client-server applications, including business needs analysis, requirement gathering, design, implementation, QA, deployment, and production maintenance.
- Enhance the role of information systems and methods in support of USPS delivery operations by defining and planning future system architecture and technology changes.
- Create and maintain project plans and schedules, set milestones, assign resources, and identify/mitigate risks to ensure successful execution.
- Manage team leads, engineers and analysts on a daily basis, assigning tasks and priorities according to project plan. Review progress and lead discussions of outstanding issues to identify appropriate solution.
- Oversee activities of vendors providing hardware and software solutions related to the project, ensuring that work is performed to a high standard of quality and all deliverables are received per requirements.
- Coordinate major releases with local and remote deployment support teams, as well as briefing customer group representatives on new features and changes.
- Report to division managers and keep USPS VP-level leadership informed of project progress, including release schedules, resource planning, and risk assessment.
- Interface with customer groups to understand business needs and drive effective requirements gathering.
- Manage iterations of design, implementation, and deployment efforts. Keep customers engaged to ensure that the final work product meets customer expectations.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent years of experience (focus in technical field a plus, for example; engineering, mathematics, statistics, computer science or related field) plus at least 3 years of professional experience in mobile development and 10 – 15 years of professional experience.
- At least 5 years of client server application development experience, to include at least 3 years of cross-functional team lead experience.
- At least 2 years of application development with Oracle 11g/12c database backend in RAC configuration
- Broad knowledge of established and emerging technologies in client and server application development in the following areas:
- Windows and Unix server environments
- IIS, and Apache web servers. WebSphere knowledge also helpful
- Working knowledge of network technologies to include common protocols, routers, firewalls, and etc.
- Knowledge and experience with VMs
- Able to conduct research and provide technical solutions independently.
- Strong communication skills in writing and leading meetings and discussions
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Must be able to obtain and keep a USPS Sensitive Clearance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or have a Green Card and have been living in the U.S. for at least the last five years
- Applicant cannot have traveled outside of the U.S. for more than 180 days in the past 5 years